The Hand Therapy Clinic provides comprehensive and coordinated rehabilitation programs for patients with any type of hand or upper extremity injury. Occupational and physical therapists help patients maximize their ability to carry out their daily activities. Patients play an integral part in setting goals.
Physicians and surgeons refer patients to the Hand Therapy Clinic for a broad range of evaluations and therapeutic treatment programs:
- Self-care, work and leisure assessments
- BTE-Quest work simulation
- Return-to-work activities
- Adaptive equipment needs
- Range of motion and joint mobilization
- Wound and scar management
- Muscle re-education
- Upper extremity strengthening
- Arthritis education
- Work simplification
- Sensory re-education
- Treatment—fluid therapy, whirlpool, paraffin baths, electrical stimulation, hot and cold packs and ultrasound.
- Post Breast Cancer Rehabilitation & Lymphedema Management—physical and occupational therapists specially trained in lymphedema management can help you return to your preoperative strength and range of motion. What is lymphedema?
What Our Patients Say
I was recently a patient there (at Rehabilitation Services) after having surgery of a fractured hand. My hand therapist was Anne D. I am writing to let you know what a terrific therapist she is! Anne explained everything she was doing, she took my measurements before we started and progressively during my course of therapy, and showed me that she really cared about the outcome of getting my hand back to normal as quickly and perfectly as possible. She did just that. Between having the perfect surgeon (Dr. Yule) and the perfect therapist (Anne D.), my hand is completely restored. I have complete function of my right hand, no lumps or bumps and hardly a scar. I finished my therapy at the end of December. I am very grateful for the excellent job that Anne did.
Judith B., January 26, 2011