Babies tend to pick their own birthdays, so it's a good idea to be prepared well ahead of time. Pack at least 1 month before your expected due date.
Be sure to write your name on all items you bring from home and leave all valuables safe at home.
Here is a handy checklist of all the things you should have packed and ready to go.
For Birth Coach
- Your preregistration papers
- Your birth plan
- Your newborn care plan
- Insurance and prescription cards
- Body pillow, if desired
- Music (CDs or digital player)
- A focal point, if desired
- Nursing bra
- Toiletries (Sanitary napkins and breastfeeding supplies are provided.)
- Change of clothes to wear home (maternity clothes)
- Car seat. Washington State law requires babies be transported in car seats, so you will need to have your support person bring it when you and baby are discharged.
- Two receiving blankets
- Clothes to wear home
- Heavy blanket, booties and hat for cool weather
- Change of clothes
- Address book/phone list
- Camera/film batteries
- Change for vending machines