Support Your Community Hospital
As a Public District Hospital, Valley Medical Center takes seriously its commitment to helping our community be healthy and safe.
VMC provides more than $24.8 million annually on charity care, a vital aspect of its mission. Our outreach focuses on virtually all segments of our community: on children with efforts like our bike helmet fittings; on seniors with our annual flu shot program; on those less fortunate through our participation in the free RotaCare community clinic; the list goes on and on.
How You Make A Difference
As the hospital and its network of specialty and primary care clinics continue to focus on providing high-caliber services to the 600,000 members of Public Hospital District Number 1, your support through volunteerism or charitable gifts is vital to helping us stretch our resources. Our Volunteers contribute thousands of hours each year, helping our patients and their families with a warm and caring spirit, while providing a multitude of services with little cost to the hospital.
And charitable gifts from our community help everywhere -- from the purchase of the latest in medical equipment and technology, to providing additional resources for programs like senior flu shots, to offering “extra” support for qualifying families with a loved one undergoing vital tests and treatments.
And choosing to give a gift to your community hospital is made easier by our partnership with the UW Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to fostering a legacy of philanthropy through their support of patient care, education and research. UW Foundation has a variety of funds set up to specifically benefit VMC and giving has never been easier easy with online, donate by phone and mail-in options available. UW Foundation can also help people understand how to name Valley Medical Center in their estate plan or will. Charitable gifts are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
Valley Medical Center Funds
- Fund for Greatest Need | Valley Medical Center is a full-service, acute-care hospital that provides high-quality care to the residents of South King County. This fund provides flexible support for current and emerging priorities related to the hospital's programs and services.
- Family Protection Fund | Valley Medical Center provides the best in care for everyone who walks through the medical center's doors, whether or not they can afford to pay. This fund supports programs and services that help underserved patients.
- Fund for Women's Health Initiatives | From a state-of-the-art, comprehensive Breast Center to a Birth Center that delivers more than 4,000 babies every year, Valley Medical Center faculty and staff provide top-notch care and educational programs that support health for women of all ages. This fund underwrites a broad range of women's health initiatives, including the Breast Center, the Birth Center, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and educational programs in women's health.
- Joint & Spine Center Fund | Specializing in joint replacement and spine surgery, the Joint & Spine Center at Valley Medical Center provides award-winning care for those suffering from degenerative disease or injury. This fund supports the center's new initiatives in patient care and education.
- Fund for Cardiac Rehabilitation | Valley Medical Center's cardiac rehabilitation program provides personalized care for those recovering from heart attacks, heart surgery, angina, stent placement, angioplasty or other heart problems. This fund provides flexible support for the program and its team of specialists.
Reaching out to touch and improve the lives of 600,000 residents is no easy task. But with your help, Valley Medical Center can continue to be a South King County leader in making our community healthier and safer.